Landlord and Tenant

Get a Free Evaluation For Your Real Estate Case From a Local Attorney

Recent Articles
NY Attorney General Says Better Treatment for Tenants
In New York, Attorney General Andrew Cuomo finally brought down one of the city's most controversial landlords, Vantage Properties. Who Is Vantage Properties? Vantage Properties was founded in 2005. They have emerged as one of New York's leading investors in residential and retail properties. Today, ... Read more

US Landlords Settle Lead Paint Lawsuit
The US recently settled a lawsuit charging two Michigan landlords with failing to their tell tenants about dangerously high levels of lead in their rented homes. Federal law, as well as the laws in most states, have strict legal requirements on property owners and lead in any form on their property. ... Read more

The Eviction Process and Tenants' Rights
A landlord who fails to follow specific state eviction rules and procedures may lose an eviction lawsuit. In addition, state laws give tenants specific rights to fight an eviction based on illegal landlord behavior, such as terminating a tenancy for a retaliatory reason. ... Read more

State Real Property Codes & Statutes Websites
Each state has its own set of laws or statutes dealing with real estate matters, covering everything from buying and selling it, to how and when it can be divided, to settling disputes over who actually owns it. Use the links below to access your state's real property code or statutes. States Beginning ... Read more

Tenants' Remedies in Disputes with Landlords
It's not uncommon for landlord and tenants to have disputes periodically about things like an unsafe condition on the premises, like rotten wood in the stairwell, or some other needed repair, like a furnace that won't maintain a comfortable and stable temperature in the winter. Quite often, you're able ... Read more

State *
City
* State is Required.

Real Estate Law Firms in Ashburn, VA  change location

Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C.


4.8/5.0 AV Rating

View Phone

703-218-2100  

Day & Johns, PLLC

Rating Not Shown

View Phone

703-268-5600  

Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C.


4.8/5.0 AV Rating

View Phone

703-218-2100  

Day & Johns, PLLC

Rating Not Shown

View Phone

703-268-5600  


Swipe to view more

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question

Real Estate Questions

Filter by
 


Your sister would have a capital gain on the sale of the property and you would have a basis in the property equal to the purchase price of your 70% and the other 30% that you will be purchasing. &nbs ...Read more

Have you sent a letter to the house?  maybe she collects the mail from time to time.  Was an estate opened for the owner?  If he did leave her the house in his will and an estate was op ...Read more

Depending on where in the State of Ohio, I would be interested in assisting you, provided that you are still going through with the sale.   Nicholas Froning

See more Real Estate Questions

Texas Property Taxation (Part Two)

There are two types of protests normally available to a homestead exempted property owner: (1) determination of the appraised value of the property; and (2) unequal appraisal of the owner’s pr ... Read more

Property and Divorce

A woman reports that when she and her ex-husband divorced, they agreed to let their family home foreclose. Since then, he has filed for bankruptcy to delay the foreclosure, he began once again to pay ... Read more

What is a Revocable Trust?

The Florida Bar states: "A revocable trust is a document (the “trust agreement”) created by you to manage your assets during your lifetime and distribute the remaining assets after yo ... Read more

Is there a difference in between "joint tenants with right of survivorship "and "joint tenants.?"

Q: Is there a difference in Pennsylvania between "joint tenants" and "joint tenants with right of survivorship"? I am trying to determine how my mother’s property is title ... Read more

All You Have Ever Wanted To Know About What A Probate Asset is.

I get calls daily from potential clients wondering if they need to do a probate proceeding for their loved one. It depends on what the assets of the decedent were and how they were titled. The Florida ... Read more

See more  (1857 Blogs on Real Estate)

Need Professional Help?

Get a free Real Estate case evaluation by an attorney in your area