What to do with a bad Landlord ?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 08th, 2013 on Landlord and Tenant Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
5 months inthis Condo unit and Landord fails to provide my assigned Parking spaces info and use of pool tags , as stated in my lease. Reason ?He's not paying Association dues . Now I wont pay rent until I get what I was told. Can I get in trouble for not paying ? Thanks
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 08th, 2013 at 3:17 PM

You have several options. You can pay the rent and sue the landlord for breach of the lease agreement or you can withhold the rent. If you choose the latter, the landlord will presumably start an eviction action and you will have the opportunity to have a habitability hearing after you post the disputed amount into Court. Thereafter, the Court may grant you an abatement as a result of the lack of habitability. Should you have any questions I suggest you contact an attorney.

Report Abuse
Landlord and Tenant Law
Real estate attorneys who are knowledgeable about landlord-tenant laws can assist both property owners (landlords) and renters (tenants) through all aspects of a real estate transaction. Landlord-tenant lawyers can ensure that landlords are in compliance with all housing laws; negotiate, draft and reviewing leases; work to resolve disputes between the property owner and tenant; and handle eviction proceedings. Whether you are a residential or commercial property owner, or are renting an apartment, home, office or warehouse, it pays to consult with a real estate law firm after purchasing investment rental property, before a lease is signed and if you encounter problems during the landlord-tenant relationship.
Have an Landlord and Tenant Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

554 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

175 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

151 Answers, 39 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

122 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

86 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

81 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Landlord and Tenant Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums