security deposit

1 Answers. Asked on May 17th, 2017 on Real Estate - New York
More details to this question:
My security deposit from a summer rental was not returned. The rental was in 2013. The was real estate agent that acted as a leasing agent who now tells me there is nothing he can do that the home owner has the money and he has nothing to do with it
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 18th, 2017 at 7:11 PM

You can sue for it.  The contract will govern whether you will win.

Report Abuse
Real Estate
Real estate attorneys can help individuals, families and small business with all property-related legal issues. Buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate should work with an attorney to negotiate the terms of agreement; draft and review the contract; review related paperwork (such as loan agreements); clear existing liens on a property; and attend the closing. Lawyers can also assist property owners with addressing zoning/rezoning issues and appealing property tax assessment. Landlords and tenants should work with real estate law firms to draft and review lease agreement, handle eviction proceedings and resolve landlord-tenant disputes.
Have an Real Estate Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

323 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

157 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

129 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

128 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

90 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Real Estate Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Beisel & Dunlevy, P.A.

Minneapolis, MN

| Contact Now

Gilda L. Kramer

Philadelphia, PA

| Contact Now

Dunne and Associates, LLC

Kearny, NJ

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums