> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Real Estate > I need to hire someone to do an eviction for me. I bought a property that has a squatter and he refuses to leave.

I need to hire someone to do an eviction for me. I bought a property that has a squatter and he refuses to leave.

2 Answers. Asked on Jun 12th, 2017 on Real Estate - New York
More details to this question:
I bought a property that has a squatter on it. He refuses to leave and in the meantime he is cutting down trees and pulling up bushes. I'm told he brought livestock to the property yesterday. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Answers Showing 2 out of 2
Answered on Jun 16th, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Hire a lanlord/tenant lawyer.  This is a routine matter.  From the livestock comment you appear to be outside my service area -- No livestock in NYC.

Report Abuse
Answered on Jun 13th, 2017 at 6:51 AM

The occupant must be served with a ten day notice of termination. Then you can commence a Holdover eviction proceeding.

This response is for general informational purposes only. An attorney-client relationship is not being formed.

Report Abuse
Real Estate
Real estate attorneys can help individuals, families and small business with all property-related legal issues. Buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate should work with an attorney to negotiate the terms of agreement; draft and review the contract; review related paperwork (such as loan agreements); clear existing liens on a property; and attend the closing. Lawyers can also assist property owners with addressing zoning/rezoning issues and appealing property tax assessment. Landlords and tenants should work with real estate law firms to draft and review lease agreement, handle eviction proceedings and resolve landlord-tenant disputes.
Have an Real Estate Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

307 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

236 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Real Estate Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Norelli Law, PLLC

Charlotte, NC

| Contact Now

Lindsay & Hatheway

Meadville, PA

| Contact Now

Mayday Law Office

Houston, TX

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums