> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Real Estate > How does the son get the deed to his father's house after he passed away?

How does the son get the deed to his father's house after he passed away?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 14th, 2017 on Real Estate - California
More details to this question:
Dad started buying house in 1999. The previous owner passed in 2000. There is no deed on file with the county records. The house paid off in 2008. Dad passed away in 2017. Property taxes are still in pervious owner's name but paid by dad. Son has agreement of sale, as well as, all money orders used to pay for the house. There is no widow but the ex-wife is on the original agreement of sale. Divorce was finalized in 2005. Courts county is Santa Barbara. How does the son get the deed in his name? Is it possible? Quiet title action? Trustee? Is it an option to file and represent oneself in this matter?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 16th, 2017 at 11:02 PM

You have a complicated set of facts in a complex area of the law.  There's no better answer for you than to bring your case to an attorney.  Please contact an attorney for a full consutlation.

Report Abuse
Real Estate
Real estate attorneys can help individuals, families and small business with all property-related legal issues. Buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate should work with an attorney to negotiate the terms of agreement; draft and review the contract; review related paperwork (such as loan agreements); clear existing liens on a property; and attend the closing. Lawyers can also assist property owners with addressing zoning/rezoning issues and appealing property tax assessment. Landlords and tenants should work with real estate law firms to draft and review lease agreement, handle eviction proceedings and resolve landlord-tenant disputes.
Have an Real Estate Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

84 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Real Estate Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums