> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Real Estate > Got papers for a court case reg a quiet title don't have money for an lawyer what do I do

Got papers for a court case reg a quiet title don't have money for an lawyer what do I do

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 07th, 2017 on Real Estate - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 07th, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Well that's a tough spot to be in.  The advice I'll give you is don't ignore the papers.  Read them completely.  Be mindful of deadlines.  If you are required to file written responses to anything, filing something is better than nothing.  Don't miss hearings.  Go to them every time.  If your residence is the property subject to partition, you could lose your home.  Find a way to get or borrow the money to retain counsel.  

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Real Estate
Real estate attorneys can help individuals, families and small business with all property-related legal issues. Buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate should work with an attorney to negotiate the terms of agreement; draft and review the contract; review related paperwork (such as loan agreements); clear existing liens on a property; and attend the closing. Lawyers can also assist property owners with addressing zoning/rezoning issues and appealing property tax assessment. Landlords and tenants should work with real estate law firms to draft and review lease agreement, handle eviction proceedings and resolve landlord-tenant disputes.
Have an Real Estate Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

307 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

236 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Real Estate Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums