> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Real Estate > Can I claim right to property I have cared for 25 years?

Can I claim right to property I have cared for 25 years?

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 05th, 2017 on Real Estate - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
Adjacent property( small woods ) has been cleared and cared for by me for past 25 yrs. Can I claim it?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:26 AM

"Claiming" the property is not a simple process.  You'd have to find and sue the owner to have that property transferred to you pursuant to the doctrine of adverse possession.   The analysis that goes into whether you can be successful is complex.  You'll have to incur quite a few costs, including litigation and maybe a survey to "slice off" what you claim from a larger parcel (if applicable).  Is it worth it?  Go into it with eyes wide open. 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Real Estate
Real estate attorneys can help individuals, families and small business with all property-related legal issues. Buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate should work with an attorney to negotiate the terms of agreement; draft and review the contract; review related paperwork (such as loan agreements); clear existing liens on a property; and attend the closing. Lawyers can also assist property owners with addressing zoning/rezoning issues and appealing property tax assessment. Landlords and tenants should work with real estate law firms to draft and review lease agreement, handle eviction proceedings and resolve landlord-tenant disputes.
Have an Real Estate Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

328 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

163 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Real Estate Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums